CEO & Co-Founder
What do NICE Nexidia, Call Journey, Tethr, Callminer, and Operative Intelligence do?
NICE Nexidia, Call Journey, Tethr, CallMiner, and Operative Intelligence are market leaders in the customer intelligence and analytics market.
Through the use of advanced analytics, these platforms enable businesses to organize and analyze unstructured omnichannel data from customer interactions. They aim to use the obtained customer intelligence to tailor future interactions and raise engagement and customer happiness, thereby reducing customer turnover and dissatisfaction.
Some capabilities include:
- Al-enabled analtics
- Conversational insights
- Intuitive dashboards
- Reporting & analytics
- Workflow management
- Alerts and notifications
- Omnichannel support
- Real-time transcription
While all the platforms manage customer intelligence and analytics, Operative Intelligence is a next-gen customer demand intelligence tool. Unlike traditional contact center analytic platforms, Operative Intelligence automatically transforms an organization's existing contact center data into real-world, actionable insights.
The no-code automation identifies both macro and micro insights including:
- Why customers contact support at scale
- Customer pain points and what they cost the business
- What causes increases in handling time and cost and how to reduce it
- Drivers of negative customer sentiment and satisfaction
- Opportunities for engineering teams to improve the product
- Where performance variability is being driven at a team and agent level
Unlike other solutions, these insights don’t require complex integrations, teams of data scientists, and dedicated business time for data prep. Users can identify the highest-impact opportunities right out of the box to improve the customer experience, reduce costs, and boost operational efficiency.
What to Look For in Customer Intelligence & Analytics Platform
Some essential factors to look out for when deciding on a customer intelligence and analytics platform include:
1. Actionable Insights with Clear ROI
Actionable insights are significant findings that result from analyzing data. Instead of just providing numbers and charts, the best customer intelligence software tells you what changes to make – and the ROI of those changes.
2. Quick Implementation Time
One of the most important factors when selecting a customer intelligence and analytics platform is how quickly the system can be implemented. You want a platform that can be up and running in days or weeks, not months.
The platform should also be easy to use, with a user-friendly interface that is easy to learn. It should also be intuitive, so you can start using it immediately without spending time learning how to use it.
While most common solutions have a long implementation time, Operative Intelligence has an implementation time of two weeks. Once OI has access to your data, you’ll have the insights in two weeks, without any data preparation or configuration work on your end.
3. Security & Privacy
Building trust between the business and the consumer begins with two fundamental components: data security and privacy. Given the volume of sensitive user data that businesses collect to provide their services, choosing a platform that prioritizes data security and privacy is critical.
4. Great Customer Service
When looking for a customer intelligence and analytics platform, it is important to consider the quality of customer service and support that the intelligence platform provides. The platform should be easy to use, and the vendor should be willing to help you get set up and started. They should also be available to provide training and answer any questions you may have.
The vendor should also be willing to work with you to customize the platform to meet your specific needs. They should also be able to provide reports and insights that help you understand your customers better and improve your marketing and sales efforts.
NICE Nexidia vs. Call Journey vs. Tethr vs. Callminer vs. Operative Intelligence
1. Operative Intelligence
Operative Intelligence delivers targeted, actionable insights to improve your contact center performance and let your team focus on the highest-impact opportunities everyday. It evaluates customer interactions at scale and pinpoints the root cause of the customer's contact, enabling you to quantify and track your customer drivers over time.
OI analyzes 100% of inbound interactions and shares the root causes of overall inquiries using direct phrases from customer speech. Compared to other organizations that only use customer keywords, representing customer inquires exactly how they’re shared provides context, clear meaning, and specific action. The platform also shows the volume, cost, and sentiment of every inquiry, so contact center leaders know which changes will drive the highest impact improvements in their customer experience and operational and frontline performance.
While other customer intelligence solutions focus on automating the quality function of the contact center, OI is much more than that. OI is a “Customer Demand Intelligence” platform that helps businesses understand the root cause of why customers contact support. Companies can use this data to not only make changes in customer support operations but also changes to the product, service, or company-wide policies and processes.
- Machine learning transforms contact center data into real-world, actionable insights
- Single source of truth for all contact center insights so teams can focus on taking actions and not mining data for answers
- Companies can see exactly how their agents are performing and where they need to focus on coaching through easy-to-read dashboards
- Shows volume, cost, and sentiment of every customer inquiry, so contact center leaders know which changes will drive the highest impact improvements
- Automatically determines which customer interactions can be automated, constructs a business case for the change, monitors ROI
- Companies can understand the exact reasons why customers are reaching out and use this data to drive change and reduce costs related to customer service
- Provides executives with irrefutable data about what organizational changes are tied directly to revenue
- Companies and leadership teams can have a broader conversation about what to fix and adjust in the customer experience
- Easier identification of which company policies and processes make it difficult for their members to achieve their goals
- Business process outsourcing (BPOs) and in-house (client) contact centers are both served by Operative Intelligence
Cons: Multilingual opportunities are currently enabled for some languages, like Spanish and Chinese, but not all languages yet.
2. NICE Nexidia
Previously known as Nexidia Speech Analytics, NICE Nexidia is an AI-enabled analytics solution that enables businesses to track and gain insights into customer behavior across the entire journey and touchpoints using reports and dashboards.
Using text and speech analytics, NICE Nexidia provides customers with a single interface that enables them to organize, analyze, and operationalize their data from a single pool of audio, chat, email, and text interactions.
- Caller Intent Dashboards
- Call Categorization
- Enhanced Sentiment Analysis
- Nexidia Scan & Agent Assist
- Deep Learning Neural Networks
- Built-in QA solution, NICE Nexidia offers deep analytics capabilities
- Integration with existing systems
- Robust analytics capabilities
- Requires specialized resources
- Model training, data mining, and report building can lead to a longer deployment time
- At a higher pricepoint than other alternatives
Pricing: The pricing for NICE Nexidia isn’t listed on their website, so businesses have to get in touch for pricing.
3. Call Journey
Call Journey is a conversation intelligence program specializing in speech and text analytics to augment quality assurance. It pulls, analyzes, and enhances unstructured data while classifying and prioritizing what is essential.
Call Journey provides insights into items that directly impact customer experience, corporate performance, and compliance using voice data. The platform works to help organizations improve customer loyalty and feedback scores by providing deeper insights into customer sentiment.
- Bolster risk and compliance
- Omnichannel analysis (voice, email, live chat, etc.)
- Real-time and post-engagement analytics
- Out-of-the-box integration with Genesys Cloud and near-real-time processing
- Added option to redact your IVR and hold messages.
- Real-time monitoring and customer satisfaction analysis
- Reduced QA effort
- Captures characteristics like tone, content, quiet, and pitch
- Call Journey does not provide an application programming interface (API)
- A longer implementation time can lead to some delay in insights
- Specialized resources are required for model training
Pricing: Businesses must request pricing information directly.
Tethr is a cloud-based conversation intelligence platform that combines AI and machine learning to analyze customer conversation and surface contextual insights from the data. Tethr gives businesses the resources to disseminate customer voice data across the organization to help impact sales results, customer loyalty, operating costs, compliance, and risk.
- Third-Party Integrations
- Activity Dashboard
- Natural Language Processing
- Reporting & Statistics
- Real-Time Analytics and alerts
- Call Tracking
- Search functionality
- Data-driven coaching sessions
- Intuitive platform
- Machine learning processes conversations and overall customer experience
- Few prebuilt dashboard options
- Limited tone analysis
- Takes time to pull insights from data
Pricing: Businesses must request pricing information directly.
CallMiner is a Massachusetts-based software company that develops speech and interaction analytics software. Founded in 2002, the company employs artificial intelligence to pull information from conversations between businesses and customers, typically through the contact center.
These conversations can be voice-based and occur over the phone or text-based and over digital mediums such as online, chat, email, social media messaging, and more.
- Account-Based Marketing
- Agent Performance Management
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Demand Generation
- Call Analytics
- Lead Qualification
- API-based integrations with various internal and third-party applications
- Offers insights into customer behavior, preferences, and trends
- The interface can be complicated for new users
- Requires specialized resources for implementation
Pricing: Businesses must request pricing information directly.
Benefits of Using the Right Customer Intelligence & Analytics Platforms
1. Company-wide Opportunities
By merging demographic information, transactions, channel activity, sales and marketing history, and consumer preferences and motivations, companies can understand how to improve the customer journey and contact center metrics.
But, changes don’t have to stop there. With Operative Intelligence, organizations gain opportunities to improve their products and services, change company-wide policies, implement automations, and improve ROI.
2. Identifying Customer Pain Points & Their Root Cause
The right customer intelligence & analytics platform helps you to identify customer pain points and their root cause. It allows you to get an in-depth understanding of the customers’ needs, wants, and behavior which helps organizations gain insights into what their customers require from them.
For example, OI pulls the root cause reasons why customers contact support at scale and what they cost the businesses. The platform also includes the volume, cost, sentiment, satisfaction, and resolution stats of each inquiry driver.
Once organizations have this capability, they can implement changes that will ultimately reduce the frequency and number of customers that contact them. This leads to improved customer retention and reduced customer service costs.
3. Understanding the ROI of Implementing Changes
Understanding the ROI of business decisions helps leaders prioritize and track changes. Organizations must be able to quantify the benefits of the change so they can make informed decisions about whether or not it's worth the investment. They’ll need to understand:
- The time required for implementation
- The cost of implementing the change
- The benefits of the change (in terms of value add and cost savings)
- How long it will take for the benefits to be realized
Once you have all of this information, you can then begin to calculate the ROI. Or, choose a customer intelligence platform that does this for you.
OI provides executives with irrefutable data about how to make meaningful changes in the organization, tied directly to revenue. Users can easily identify the highest impact opportunities to improve their customer experience and reduce costs with the ROI built into the insights. They can then track these opportunities over time on demand.
4. Improved Agent Effectiveness & Support Training
The right customer intelligence tools can improve the productivity and effectiveness of contact center agents. With analytics tools, contact center managers can track the call abandonment rate (ABN), the average speed of answer, first call resolution, and more.
Personalized feedback and coaching combined with team and agent performance analytics help managers improve the quality of agent-customer interactions.
Bottom Line on NICE Nexidia vs. Call Journey vs. Tethr vs. Callminer vs. Operative Intelligence
NICE Nexidia, Call Journey, Tethr, Call Miner, and Operative Intelligence all help businesses manage customer intelligence and analytics. And though basic analytics on customer conversations is important, access to advanced analytics allows contact center managers to make impactful changes at every level of the business.
Operative Intelligence delivers advanced analytics to make it easy for users to identify the highest-impact opportunities to improve customer experience and reduce costs. The platform transforms the customers’ actual words from any inbound channels into unique drivers of customer demand so organizations can drill down on pain points, improve customer satisfaction, and take actionable changes based on real-world insights.
Ready to drive changes at every level of your organization?
Book a demo with Operative Intelligence today.